I’ve heard the word Self-Awareness over 50x over the last 10 days. There seems to be a spark of people wanting to be more in touch with who they truly are, what they want to achieve and wanting to determine what they have to do to get there.
Self-Awareness allows us to better understand ourselves, our strengths, our weaknesses whilst also being aware of what is needed to fill those gaps.
How does one practice self-awareness?
‣ Allow yourself to switch off. Whether it’s through meditation, going for a walk or just having a cup of tea on your own. Use that time to reset and get in tune what you are really trying to do.
‣ Know what you want. You many not know the exact end point but you should have a clear idea about what you want to achieve.
‣ Feedback Feedback Feedback – embrace feedback and don’t wait for people to give you feedback, proactively engage and ask for feedback and embrace what comes your way.
‣ Try different tools that assess your strengths, mental toughness etc. be open to the results
‣ Have a coach, mentor or buddy that you are comfortable with. Explore different techniques to get you to think differently.
And lastly be consistent because self awareness is not just a once of exercise.
Self-awareness is something that has to happen everyday in order for your thoughts, actions and feelings to be more in sync.
I hope with these simple steps above, you are able to achieve higher successes both professionally and personally.