Letting go can be so hard, whether of an individual or past or story you continue to tell yourself or fears or certain beliefs.
Holding on to pain does not let it go and wishing things were different does not change it. In some cases, especially when it comes to the past, all you can do is accept whatever it is you are holding on to and then let it go.
You are the only one who can change the situation, do not wait for external factors as those are not sustainable. You must have the will to change that from within. You must let go of what is hurting you, even if it feels almost impossible. Deciding to hold on to the past will hold you back from happiness and who you really want to be.
Yes, sometimes as strange as it might sound, pain can be comfortable, especially if they are all you know and your body and brain are used to that, it can become part of your routine & identity.
I have been there and sometimes it seemed impossible to let go and other times I did not want to let go since I got so attached to the situation and painful feeling where it became my identity.
Did this serve me?
Of course not! I had to take major decisions in the way I see myself and life, hence letting go of anyone or anything which does not serve me and the person I am.
Letting go does not happen quickly, it is of several phases. If you patiently practice the right things, life will only get better.
I am sharing some of the main things I practiced which really worked and contributed to my peace and a much healthier life:
‣ Allow yourself to scream and cry … let is all out
‣ Create a positive mantra on how talk to yourself – self talk can either push you forward or leave you stuck in negativity
‣ Be mindful
‣ Engage in the moment
‣ Surround yourself with people who are filled with positivity
‣ Create physical distance from the situation or the person that is causing you to feel down
‣ Do not entertain negative environments or chats
‣ Take care of yourself & your wellbeing